Titusville is a city in Brevard County, Florida. The city’s population was 43,761 at the 2010 United States Census, and it is the county seat of Brevard County. Nicknamed “Space City, USA”, Titusville is on the Indian River, west of Merritt Island and the Kennedy Space Center and south-southwest of the Canaveral National Seashore. It is a principal city of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community was originally called Sand Point, and a post office was established in 1859, although it closed a few months later. Henry T. Titus arrived in 1867 with the intention to build a town on land owned by his wife, Mary Hopkins Titus.